in preparation for the big trip, we are in the process of getting nate his first passport. the specifications for the passport photo seem a bit ridiculous seeing as they're babies. their eyes have to be open and their mouth closed. now, our son sleeps for the greater part of the day. even if he's awake and we quickly hop into the car to the photo place, chances are he will fall asleep in the car ride over. so this morning after he ate, he seemed pretty alert and not wanting to go back to sleep. i figured it was the perfect time to attempt to get his photo taken. i quickly drove to loblaw. he fell asleep in the car, but, thankfully, once we got to the photo studio and i took him out of his car seat, he woke up. he has his eyes nice and open and looking at the camera for at least three shots. a mom was in the portrait studio getting regular photos taken of her son and saw us there. she couldn't believe that babies had to have their own passports now and the stringent rules on the photos. now, of course, i had to post nathan's passport photo for you to see. it's too funny. his mouth is kind of open, but hopefully passport canada will not find fault with it.



6 comments:
Awww .. such a cute mugshot!
Are you stopping over in Vancouver at all?
As you may have read in my blog, I won't be meeting up with you guys in HK. Instead, I am planning to visit France and Italy .. a grad treat to myself!
You guys will have to give me travel tips!
hahah that's hilarious! his first passport pic!
When are you guys going to hk? I'll be there april 29 to may 19, maybe we're on the same flight! I'll take care of him so you guys can have some sleep, no problem!
He looks stoned.
The idiocy of these baby passport photo requirements all will come when you're taking him through immigration and the wee one is sleeping. Is the border guard going to make you shake him awake just so they can see if his eye's match the photo?
And, of course, in two months, he might not look anything like the current photo. Heck, I haven't seen him in six days and he already looks different.
no, no stopover in vancouver. we're on the direct flight from TO to HK.
yes, i saw on your blog that you're going to france. didn't see the italy part though. how exciting! i wish i could go with you. :o) are you going with anyone? and was that flight also included with the flight pass you bought? let me know whereabouts you're going in each and we'll send our tips your way.
cheese: thanks for the offer to look after nate for us on the flight. that would've been nice. we're flying may 7th and 27th though. and on the leg back home, ken and i aren't even sitting together. eeps! are you planning on meeting up with any of the queen's folk in HK?
I haven't had time to plan out the trip yet, but in Italy, I'm thinking of making stops in Rome, Florence, Venice, Naples (Pompeii) .. not sure about France yet .. suggestions?
I am going alone this time since it's a bit short notice, although as you saw on my blog, I've extended the invitation to anyone .. heheeehe. And yes, I'm only going b/c it only costs me $199 from the flight pass deal.
Okay, back to studying for my clinicals .. ttys! xoxo
hey guys.
well I was planning on getting in contact with angie and ames if she's still there... we should time it right so I can see nemo!!
Post a Comment