Tuesday, April 20, 2010

a preview?

Lately Nathan has been quite tempermental. Sometimes he'll all of a sudden have a temper tantrum. Not sure if this is a preview of the terrible twos. He has also been under the weather this past week so not sure if that has something to do with it as well. Last night when I was feeding him his dinner he just started shoving pieces of food in his mouth without swallowing what was already in there first. Of course I was concerned that he'd choke so I told him that he needs to take his time and finish chewing and swallowing his first bite before putting more food in his mouth. Logical, one would think. Babies/toddlers are not logical. He started to freak out that I wasn't allowing him to eat more. He let out a big cry, fat tears rolling down his cheeks... probably would've been quite loud too if it weren't for the food packed into his mouth. Again, concerned that he was going to choke, especially now that he was sobbing with a mouth full of food. I tried to dig some of it out. Big mistake. Made him cry even more and it was one of those open mouth silent ones. When he started to breathe again of course he did one of those big inhales but not a good idea with food packed in your mouth. Started choking and coughing. But did that deter him from wanting to shove more food in his mouth? Of course not. It's been a struggle dealing with his behaviour lately. I really hope this phase passes soon. I miss my happy sweet boy.

mama needs a large dose of patience...

0 comments: