i left nathan in his crib today while i went downstairs to get something. he's been a bit fussy this week, so of course, he started crying 30 seconds later. when i get back up to his room to rescue him from his crib, i walk in and see him gripping onto the side of the crib standing up! and still bawling. he freaked me out! no idea he could pull himself up to standing on his own already. guess we've got to lower the crib (again) now to its lowest setting...
1 comments:
Let me tell you a secret story of my childhood.
When I was a baby, still in a crib, I used to climb out of my crib and onto the floor and played with my bears. Then when I heard footsteps, I would climb back into my crib and greet my parents. Or feign sleep.
One time I couldn't climb back to my crib on time. I was standing between the bars on the outside of the crib when my parents came in, so I said that I only climbed out this far and I couldn't reach the floor.
Then another time, I guess I was bored or something, so I climbed out, left my room, went downstairs, and into the kitchen. I totally freaked out my mom, who was cooking or something and I said proudly, "I climbed out of my crib!"
Nevertheless, I never saw my crib again. My parents disassembled it and I slept on the floor on a mattress until they got me a bed.
I'm pretty sure this isn't a figment of my imagination, because my mom had confirmed the kitchen story in later years.
Hey, this was a pretty funny story. I'm going to put it on my blog haha
Post a Comment